Troxel Size Chart
To measure your head:
- Place a dressmaking tape 12mm above the ears
- Keep the tape level and firm; across the temple and above the eyebrow ridges, and take the measurement in centimetres
- The helmet that fits your friend may not be the best for you, even if you look like the same size. Certain helmets fit some head shapes better. Be open to the right one for you.
- When you go shopping, wear your hair the way you'll be wearing it when you ride. A ponytail, clips, headband, or other style can change the way a helmet fits.
- The helmet should feel snug around the entire head without pressure. Shake your head. If there's no motion, that's a good sign that it fits.
- It should sit level on your head, covering your forehead. The visor's brim should be about 1 inch (about the width of two fingers) from your eyebrow.
- When you buckle and adjust the retention system, the chin strap should fit snugly and you should feel comfortable in your helmet.
- Wear it around the store. If it gives you a headache, it's too tight. It should become less noticeable and more comfortable as you wear it.
- Don't buy a helmet that's too big, thinking it will fit next year. You need one that fits well now!